Decoupage Art is a craft technique that involves gluing paper cutouts onto a surface and then coating the surface with several layers of varnish.
List of Craft supplies used for making Decoupage art at home
MDF Base, Silicon Mould, Clay, Napkin, Decoupage Paper, Modelling Paste, Palette Knife, Stencil, Anukul Paint brush, Sponge dauber, Gesso, Chalk Paints, Varnish, Transfer Sheet
8 Easy step by step Decoupage Art learning :
- Prepare the surface. Clean the surface with a damp cloth and allow it to dry completely.
- Cut out the Decoupage Paper / Decoupage Napkin / 3D Decoupage paper you want to use for your decoupage project. Use scissors or a craft knife to cut out the images.
- Apply a layer of Decoupage glue / Modpodge to the surface. Use a foam brush / Sponge Dauber to spread the glue evenly.
- Place the cutouts onto the surface. Position them as desired and press them down firmly.
- Apply a layer of Decoupage glue / Modpodge over the cutouts. Use a foam brush to spread the glue evenly and allow the Decoupage glue / Modpodge to dry completely.
- Apply a layer of decoupage varnish. Use a foam brush to spread the varnish evenly.
- Allow the decoupage varnish to dry completely.
- Apply additional layers of decoupage varnish, if desired. Allow each layer to dry completely before applying the next.
Crafting and making handmade items can be a great way to express creativity and have fun. It can also be a great way to relax and de-stress. Crafting can be as simple as making a card for a friend or as complex as creating a quilt. Handmade items can be a great way to give a unique and personal gift to someone special. Crafting and making handmade items can also be a great way to learn new skills and techniques.
For more inspiration FREE tutorials on Decoupage Art, check out Youtube Growing Craft