Decoupage Art is a craft technique that involves gluing paper cutouts onto a surface and then coating the surface with several layers of varnish.
List of Craft supplies used for making Decoupage art at home
8 Easy step by step Decoupage Art learning :
- Prepare the surface. Clean the surface with a damp cloth and allow it to dry completely.
- Cut out the Decoupage Paper / Decoupage Napkin / 3D Decoupage paper you want to use for your decoupage project. Use scissors or a craft knife to cut out the images.
- Apply a layer of Decoupage glue / Modpodge to the surface. Use a foam brush / Sponge Dauber to spread the glue evenly.
- Place the cutouts onto the surface. Position them as desired and press them down firmly.
- Apply a layer of Decoupage glue / Modpodge over the cutouts. Use a foam brush to spread the glue evenly and allow the Decoupage glue / Modpodge to dry completely.
- Apply a layer of decoupage varnish. Use a foam brush to spread the varnish evenly.
- Allow the decoupage varnish to dry completely.
- Apply additional layers of decoupage varnish, if desired. Allow each layer to dry completely before applying the next.
Crafting and making handmade items can be a great way to express creativity and have fun. It can also be a great way to relax and de-stress. Crafting can be as simple as making a card for a friend or as complex as creating a quilt. Handmade items can be a great way to give a unique and personal gift to someone special. Crafting and making handmade items can also be a great way to learn new skills and techniques.
For more inspiration FREE tutorials on Decoupage Art, check out Youtube Growing Craft